- • What is Country Lolita?
- • The Anatomy of Country Lolita
- • 15 Chic Cottagecore Lolita Dresses for Country Loli
- - Spring Picnic Vibe
- - Autumn Vibe(Gingham Pattern)
- - Romantic Rural Vibe (Polka Dot Pattern)
- - Ranch Vibe
- - Little Red Riding Hood Vibe(Outdoor Activities)
- - The Wizard of Oz Vibe(Outdoor Activities)
- - Sunflower Vibe (Floral Pattern)
- - Tulip Vibe (Floral Pattern)
- - Lavender Vibe (Floral Pattern)
- - Chrysanthemum Vibe (Floral Pattern)
- -Berry Vibe (Fruit Pattern)
- • Straw Hats / Scarves / Bonnets
- • Country-style Bags
- • Flower-themed Accessories
Country Lolita is a rustic lolita substyle, which is between Classic and Sweet Lolita. Generally, you need to balance it between childish and mature for Country Lolita. It uses fewer accessories than other styles of Lolita Fashion. And a full-sized straw hat or a basket can always finish off a good country lolita coordinate.
This simple, modest lolita substyle is often related to Cottagecore Fashionsince they are both inspired by countryside elements. Country Lolita is quite welcomed among girls who love nature, and especially loved in the blossom of spring! It's also suitable for your Spring Lolita Meetups, Easter Egg Hunt, etc.
- *Tips on Cottagecore Fashion:
- Cottagecore fashion is inspired by romantic rural and farm lifestyles. The themes of Cottagecore Fashion are often about countryside scenery, nostalgic dresses, flowy dresses, billowy blouses, gingham, peasant-themed clothing, and rustic handmade crafts.
A typical Country Lolita coordinate may have straw hats, basket purses, crochet shawls, gingham patterns, fruit patterns, and floral patterns in a small, dainty way. And themes like spring picnic, the Little Red Riding Hood, The Wizard of Oz, farming, gardening, and other outdoor activities are often seen in Country Lolita. The anatomy of country lolita below will help you make a good country lolita coordinate if it's your first time to do it!
1. Color Scheme - Go with Pastel or Neutral Colors
Colors in Country Lolita can not be "cute" or too dark. Country Lolita loves pastel colors and some neutral colors, such as beige, cream, white, gray, taupe, brown, and black. For example, a pale yellow main piece can remind me of daisies or sunshiney fields. Their main pieces are often in solid colors or have some small prints on them.
2. Themes - Embrace Countryside
Country Lolita's themes are inspired by all kinds of countryside elements such as fruit, flowers, mushroom, Little Red Riding Hood, The Wizard of Oz, gardening, farming, and having picnics or other outdoor activities.
As a result, their accessories tend to be rustic like straw hats, simple bonnets, baskets, basket purses, crochet shawls, and simple tote bags. It can also be a little bit mature by carrying a parasol, flowers hair clips (Hanamaru), or some other fruit/flower-themed accessories.
3. Fabric - As Natural As Possible
Country Lolita prefers cotton, linen, and other lightweight summer fabrics. Those fabrics will add a rustic but meanwhile romantic vibe to a country lolita outfit.
4. Design- Choose a Small, Delicate Floral Design or Gingham Pattern
Loli who loves simple style would love country lolita! Country lolita clothing often focused on simple patterns like polka dot patterns, gingham, floral, and fruit patterns. In addition, the design of dresses' trim is mainly made of ruffles or eyelet lace with simple motifs like flowers, hearts, fruit, etc.
So, just try not to wear anything covered with very bold prints. Just never go with those too cute prints or something like big flower clutter prints if you want to finish off your country lolita coordinate well. Please choose those prints covered with small and delicate flowers or gingham patterns. For example, a light blue gingham dress will remind you of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
Dorothy's Light Blue Gingham Dress from the Wizard of Oz:
5. Hairstyles / Makeup - Modest and Natural
The hairstyles can be anything modest, you can have loose curls, waves, a simple braid, and can even loop your braid fixing with a bow if you want something more.
For makeup, it should be neat and clean. Neutral eyeshadow, slightly flush cheeks, and a hint of pink to your lips are everything you need to do for a country lolita coordinate!
6. Accessories - Keep Everything Simple
Keeping the whole outfit simple is one of the keys to making a good country lolita coordinate. Do not load up on your accessories.
You can pair your country lolita outfit with simple classic or sweet shoes/boots in neutral colors. A pair of white crochet gloves can make your country lolita outfit extra cute, and carrying a parasol can not only keep the sun off but also give off a little bit elegant vibe.
2 Tokyo Traveler Green Plaid Lolita Dress JSK (Gingham Pattern)
3 Autumn Ballad Lolita Dress JSK (Gingham Pattern)
4 Secret Garden Square Neckline Short Puff Sleeves Country Lolita Dress OP (Polka Dot Pattern)
Little Red Riding Hood Vibe(Outdoor Activities)
The Wizard of Oz Vibe(Outdoor Activities)
10 The Wizard of Oz Plaid Lolita Dress OP + Lily of the Valley Poem Simulation Flowers Bonnet Headband Brooch Hat
Please Click Foral Prints Collection to find more floral print dresses and flower-themed accessories on our website.
Which Country Coord is your favorite? Please Vote Below!